Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thunderstorms...Ahhh....Summer

The Thunder rumbles beyond my bedroom walls, just now, and it reminds me of WARM rain, summer nights and that fresh and healthful smell of heated air and sunny days.  However, not to put a negative spin on this Oh so wonderful feeling, but it isn't even March yet and the thunder is a mere tease.  I can feel the warmth, not having to park in the garage, keep track of a glove (for if I were to lose it on the train, First I would never get it back but Second my one hand would be a frozen little 5 digit Popsicle)or bundle up, hunker down and march as fast as my little (well, actually pretty large) feet will take me to get to the next warm safe haven, to thaw before I have to make a break for it and just trudge onward.  The tension that consumes me when I get too cold and can't get warm again is what makes this season a miserable one.  So for this absolutely psychotic weather that we always have in Chicago, just taunting me with a thunderstorm (that I normally would welcome with open arms) is just plain mean (unless of course, it is a foreshadowing to a warming trend which leads to an early spring and even earlier summer season).  So please thunderstorm if you can understand I enjoy you but only if you bring a promise of Heat, Hot, Sun, Summer and Enjoyable Outdoor activities! Thank you and Goodnight.  



No comments:

Post a Comment