Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Parking or Train....the Dilemma

So the dilemma is that I currently take Metra to get downtown to class 3 evenings a week.  I pay about $20 to travel on the metra each week which is about $80 a month.  Including another $30 approximately (maybe) in gas money just to get to the station.  THen of course there is the trek to and from the train station once I am downtown in the brutal cold, plus the urgency to get out of class in time to catch the train.  However, the train is an efficient way to get reading/work done while I am commuting. 


The other option perhaps (at least for the truely awful cold months) is the Standard Parking that is directly across the street from my school and is $40 a month.  Granted I have to pay for gas too which would be about $100 a month.  so...is it worth it to spend a tad more over February and March...to park at school and avoid the horrid weather...but also sacrafice that commuting time to get work done even though I have more time now to get work done at home(without both jobs to schedule in my days)....


I dunno, decisions and me don't always mesh well.  I would be satisfied either way, I think I would get a "bad/guilty" feeling no matter which one I chose. 


I would feel guilty paying more and not working during the time I am traveling home.  But I would feel utterly and completely miserable in the weather just traveling to and from the station each evening. 


Opinions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment